- 250g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 200g Peeled cooking apples
- 100g Sultanas or raisins
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 220g unsalted butter
- 210g light muscovado sugar
- 125g Auntie Val’s English Breakfast marmalade
- 4 eggs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas mark 4.
- 2. Beat the butter and muscovado sugar together until light and fluffy. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork. Sift together the flour, baking powder and spices. Core and roughly chop the apples into small pieces.
- 3. Mix together the chopped apples with the sultanas or raisins.
- 4. Stir in the Auntie Val’s English Breakfast marmalade.
- 5. Add the beaten eggs a little at a time to the creamed butter and sugar (use a spoonful of flour if the mixture starts to curdle. Fold in the rest of the flour.
- 6. Stir in the fruit and marmalade mixture. Put the mix into a 20cm round cake time with removable base and lined with greaseproof paper.
- 7. Sprinkle a fine layer of Demerara sugar over the top.
- 8. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 mins. Check the cake is cooked by in- serting a skewer into the centre-it should come out damp but clean without any mixture sticking to it.
- 9. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
error: Content is protected !!